Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No News is Good News


I make a lot of vows to turn over a new leaf. I set goals like flossing more often, drinking water, moisturizing my elbows on a regular basis, and most recently catching up on the news. Now I don't have a subscription to the newspaper, which I know I should get, but I do dabble a bit in online news such as the New York Times website. I try to read a little of everything, even the boring sections, like business, but I find the more I read, the less I want to. I don't want to be ignorant of the world around me, but the news is depressing. I don't think I can read another shooting massacre story. I can't read any more about people killing each other. When I was little I would try to watch the news with my parents until my mother decided it was too upsetting. I don't want to ignore the world because it upsets me, but I find it hard to reconcile who I am with what the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment