Saturday, March 14, 2009

Every Breath You Take

Here she comes here she comes. I am back and it is one week exactly, less a few hours, that I will be in Virginia Beach running an 8k. I am not a runner, I am a plodder. I can walk, and walk pretty briskly, brisker than plod implies, for miles and miles. I'm all about walking. But running involves breathing and I've never thought I've been a particularly good breather. Is it possible I have very small lungs? Restricted bronchial tubes? In any case I'm more than nervous about this run mostly because there will be people around me. I'm not a graceful runner. But I do remember, long ago when I was in second grade, before the year that I vomited in gym class after the presidential fitness two minute drill run, I do remember that I used to race against kids in my class and win. I do remember that I wanted to be an Olympic sprinter.

No comments:

Post a Comment