Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Taking Flight

So I am off to AWP in Chicago to see what all the hubub is or is not about. I hear it's raining there, and I don't own an umbrella, but I won't let that spoil the trip. The biggest concern really is that my beloved black Chuck Taylors will not be making the trip with me as they are now ripped beyond repair. So little canvas left to them. I don't know how that happened, just a few miss-steps, a few hundred miles up and down and up and down Charles Street last year when I lived far away from campus and had no car and was too afraid to ride the bus. I did give up that fear though and gave public transportation a try. It was like the school bus all over again; the same people every morning except some of them were drunk or homeless, some of them were crazy, some of them told me from time to time to have a blessed day. You know a place that way, what is it they say, about going where the people are, the people on buses, on the light rail, waiting at the crosswalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment