Monday, February 16, 2009


So I heard that maybe secretly, in some dark cement like place, writers want to be architects, that writers envy the physical, the creation of an actual object versus an idea, a word blurb, a thought bubble. Here I thought all writers, all people on this Earth only ever really aspired to be rock stars. I don't believe writers want to build buildings, not in the literal sense, but it's encouraging to think that people could pine away after such a calculated, intellectual, thin black tie and glasses, kind of lifestyle. I also heard that fifteen year old boys don't dream of becoming essayists, but then maybe they do. Are there people who always wanted to be accountants? I toyed with, still toy with, becoming a dental assistant. I have multiple friends who want to be farmers. Funny that dreams need not be glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment